Student Disability Unit
The Student Disability Unit works with students before their arrival and supports them throughout their studies, according to their needs. Every disability (mobility, sensory, mental, disabling illness, language impairment, etc.) is considered on an individual basis. Adjustments can be made by working with health and social services, teachers, administrative staff and the various bodies of INSA Lyon involved in the daily life of students.
The Student Disability Unit is responsible for the following:
- Implementation of the institution’s disability policy and participation in the definition of strategic guidelines.
- Personalised welcome and support for students with disabilities throughout their course, from entry in the first or third year to joining the world of work.
- Coordination and implementation of all the necessary activities, working with the various departments of INSA that are members of the multidisciplinary disability unit. These measures may relate to one or more aspects of student life: course/practical work/tutorials (educational arrangements, examination arrangements, human assistance, technical assistance), internships, employment, activities relating to student life, accommodation, catering, support with specific procedures, etc., always according to the student's needs.
- Development of partnerships: Ministry, University of Lyon, CGE, APACHES, etc.
- Participation, in conjunction with the internal and external partners concerned, in awareness-raising activities aimed at students and staff.
Your studies at INSA
Are you a secondary school student with a disability? Would you like some information on access to education and studying at INSA Lyon? Do not hesitate to read the dedicated brochure and find out more about the INSA Group admission procedures.
Pour prendre contact au sein de l'INSA Lyon :
- +44 4 72 43 61 88
To find out more about policies on welcoming and supporting students with disabilities in higher education and research, see the dedicated page of the Ministry's website.